🎨 by Jessey James @artofphade 🐘
This is one that I have been meaning to post since December; looks like he did painted this back in October 2018.
From his Instagram account:
“Autumn Heat! Quick commission on this clients garage door.”
& jenny__f comments:
“I get to walk past this daily. It’s beautiful!! ❤️❤️”
Jenny is quite correct, it’s amazing. I stumbled on this in an alleyway and was wowed right away.
“Jessey Pacho is a vibrant visual artist from Toronto. Known as Phade in Toronto’s graffiti community and with well over a decade’s experience as a graffiti artist, paralleled with his work in community building, arts education and mural making, Jessey has a deep well of knowledge, which translates to each and every project he undertakes. With this, he brings a unique perspective to the many walls of Toronto.”
Did you know August 12 is World Elephant Day ? I didn’t either.
1) There are 3 different species of elephant – African Savannah elephant, African Forest elephant & Asian elephant.
2) Elephants are the world’s largest land animal! Male African elephants can reach 3m tall and weigh between 4,000 -7,500kg.
3) There’s an easy way to tell the African elephants apart from their Asian cousins – their ears!
4) You can tell a lot about an elephant by looking at their tusks! Elephant tusks never stop growing, so enormous tusks can be a sign of an old elephant.
6) Spend between 12 to 18 hours eating grass, plants and fruit every single day!
9) Elephants have created their very own sunscreen! After a river or swamp bath, they’ll throw mud and sand up and over themselves to protect their skin from the hot, burning sun.
View this post on Instagram
Co-created by Academy Award-winning director Kathryn Bigelow and Imraan Ismail, #TheProtectors, Walk in the Ranger’s Shoes, is a documentary short shot in Virtual Reality that chronicles a day in the life of a ranger in Garamba National Park. These rangers are often the last line of defense in a race against extinction at the hands of poachers slaughtering elephants for their ivory tusks. To watch, head to: natgeotv.com/theprotectors
10) Sadly, elephants are in trouble. Many are killed by humans for their ivory tusks.
I think they are amazing 🐘